The ride downhill leads through the remains of the former toboggan run (built in 1971, length: 1.100 metres) and the “Himmelsleiter” area. Keep riding until passing the Sportbaude Waldeck’s small Olympics- Champion-Museum and the hotel Jens Weißflog (three times Olympic champion in ski jumping). The route tends to take a downwards slope and then crosses the rails of the narrow gauge railway, which was built in 1897. P ass the “Toskabank” heading towards the dam near Cranzahl . Keep right just before the waters and head towards the hostel and the lookout tower that were constructed in 1913 on the 898 m high Bärenstein peak (table mountain, basalt).
all notes on protected areas
Public transport friendly
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike
Similar routes nearby
These suggestions were created automatically.
Questions & Answers
Ask the first question
Got questions regarding this content? Ask them here.
Write your first review
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others
Public transport friendlyRound trip
Show imagesHide images
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.